WALKING IN THE DARKNESS WITH NO FLASHLIGHT.....


     Too many Christians merely tout the Bible because it makes them look 'spiritual' and in tune with the traditions of Fundamentalism. And, they feel real good about this. But, it's all for show. To such it at least gives the appearance of 'holding the faith'!
     But it must be asked "do they love it, read it, keep it prominent in the home, pass its wealth on to their children and meditate therein 'night and day' like the Psalmist of old?" Few do. Can they say with David of old, "O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day." Few can!
     Such is a detriment to vibrant Christianity. None can flourish in personal faith on just one Sunday morning meal of truth each week. Spurgeon remarked, "Backsliders begin with dusty Bibles and end with filthy garments." 
      We must embrace the concept that there exists a pronounced correlation between my love for the Bible and my walk for God and before my fellow mankind. God says the Bible is a lamp for my feet and a light to my pathway. Try walking in the night without a full moon or reliable flashlight. So it is walking through life with only an occasional or rare flash of God's truth.

- dick christen